Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bible Study

Bible study in our boarding house is an unforgettable event this year. It is because almost all of my boardmates were gathered again but not to settle certain issues but to enlighten by the words of God.

On September 15, 2009, Rooms 1-5 of our boarding boarding house were meeting at the same place. After some snacks, laughs and chats, we proceeded to the main event of the night, the first bible study in the history of our batch. The facilitator or the organizers have shown some video clips and stories which is all about people who are sinners and would naturally die. And when they die where do they eventually go? It’s between heaven and hell. As soon as the spirit leaves the physical body, they search for their world outside the world.

There’s a story that tells about two best friends. They share almost everything except the knowledge about GOD. In an unexpected moment, Josh met an accident and died. In his death, he wrote Zach a letter. He told him his every ways. Every single moment he experienced after his death. His agony..torment and such things. At first, he said he followed the crowd to the heaven but before entering the said kingdom, the angel spoke to him, only to hose whose names are written iin the book of life are allowed to enter. Unfortunately, he’s not one of them. So, he was destined to hell. He was in the lake of fire. He blamed his friend for what had happened to him. In result, Josh wished to Zach, “I wish you were here..”

From the video clip of the Passion of the Christ, Jesus was in front of the Hebrew council and suffered from the hands of the Romans. He greatly suffered but he sacrifices because of us sinners.

In that night alone, I’ve learned so many things and develop my curiosity even more. Upon watching the film, I also stared at the fellow board mates. Some have tears falling from their very own eyes. But I never cried, it’s unusual though, I am naturally sook. They said that the Spirit wasn’t on my kind. I just let their judgment. Instead, I hold my views by myself thinking that I wouldn’t have to pretend.

When an organizer let us raise our questions, I never did even though I have so many questions and uncertainties.
First, Why did Christ is in the Hebrew council but he’s being punished by the Romans?
Note that Rome is far from the Hebrew place.

Second, isn’t it astonishing that Romans who put Jesus into great sufferings are the ones who founded the Christianism which is evolved into Roman Catholicism?

If people die and must go between heaven and hell, In the day of judgment, where do they go? Of course heaven and hell. But what really is the difference between the heaven and hell when people die and the heaven and hell mentioned in the Day of Judgment?

Also, if the heaven and hell mentioned after the judgment, where do dead people really go? I mean if they rise from the dead, ewhere did they rise from?
Of course, you can’t answer me hell.

Those are only some my questions that sought to be answered.

Am I sure that I’ll gonna be in heaven? Of course, all of us do not want to be in hell. Honestly, I was really iuncertain whether I’d be surely in heaven but of course I’m trying toi to qualify myself.

I was really happy to hear no religion nor could good deeds ever make you go to heaven. It’s faith. I felt that way because I have no specific religion. You see my father belongs to “Dating Daan” whilr my mother is an inactive RC. I was really doubtfuyl to answer whenever I’m asked about religion. It is because of those who judged my family. I neve hate them but I hate the thought. It makes me emotionela. I remember once, someone said that I must be RC because I was christened to that religion. But in my heart, I really go with the doctrines of my fathers excluding some exceptions. It is just that I don’t want to be in the company his religion. I don’t know why. I really had chandged.

The rest is history. It’s okay for me to have no relgion because I know I have a strong faith in GOD. What am I after to is th sense of belongingnesss. Really, it seemed that I really don’t belong on the two religion or sect.

You know what, everytime I heard the chatterings of my friends abut their visit to church.
It made me miss thos days when our family go to church very siunday. I really miss those days. But in contrary, I also remembered my parents quarreled about my father’s vices such as by standing in the billiard halls, cock derby and liquor drinking. That’s the time hwen he was still in that religion (RC).

In the yaer 2000, he completely change. He completely was born again from his old way of life., full of vices, insufficiencies and religion.. Since then, our family grew happier. Also everthing my fatherasked was given to him. These blessings may be in terms of physical prospersity, menatal, social, etc.

Honestly, when asked about the thoughts when I heard the word/words born again, I will always remember my father having changed entirely. I guess It is just hius nature to search for belongningness in religion or sect. When he was still a child, he belonged to RC. In teenage, he was in the born again “church”. When he got married, he was in the RC again. In the new millennium, he belonged to the church of GOD.

It s really amazing to think of those things nmy father had done in his life. They said that, I am really similar to my father in almost all ways. Being intelligent, ehem../ Being philosophical, ,moody, pinkish skinned amongst others. But I guess, there’s only one thing I can’t have from him, the activeness in church organization.

In my college life, there’s so many persuasions such as in the bible study then after which join their church. I was once in the organization of my boardmate. Every Friday, I join their night of worshipping GOD. After few moments, I would realize that Idon’t belong to them. They would invite me from time to time. Of course, would give them so many alibis and would keep myself busy.

Inntheir time, I was also considered as born again. This time, from different invitation, the ones who showed us a film clip said that wether we believe it or not, we’re already born again. How was it> Everytime I agree and joined after their invitation of having bible study, I always have to be born again and again? What?

Of course, I believe and has faith in Jesus Christ. It is just that I am curios on what are they saying “Born again” in the group and “born again” in the other. Whatever they say “Born again,again….100 times. I would be born again if I completely change my life entirely.

By this second group, they invited us to join “ENCOUNTER”. Honestly, I really want to joj them but again, my parent have also a slot for decisions. Whatever it takes, the final decision depends upon me. Right?

Accept
Believe
Confess
Receive

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, tha whoever believed in Him shal not perish but have a everlasting life.

















No comments:

Post a Comment